WHISKEY WHOOPIE PIES
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1) In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa powder, sugar and oil. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth and shiny.
2) In another bowl, combine together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into the cocoa mixture with a wooden spoon just until smooth.
3) Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
4) Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 4 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into 1 to 2 inch balls. Place onto cookie sheets. Leave some space because they will spread.
5) Bake for 10-12 minutes for smaller cookies, and 12-14 minutes for larger cookies. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
Make or purchase your favorite buttercream icing. Blend icing with Kopper Kettle Virginia Whiskey to taste. (We'll never tell you how much is enough!) Stuff as much or as little icing between cookies as you like and enjoy!